Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Saucers Over Bournemouth

No Farrant/Bonky Feud site would be complete without mention of The Great Bournemouth UFO Incident of May 2007.

It began when regional newspaper Bournemouth/Dorset Echo, wrote that "numerous reports were phoned and emailed into the Echo of strange events in the sky at around 10pm on 24 May 2007." On the paper's website, the online "comments" section soon began filling with local residents talking about seeing strange, orange coloured lights flitting about the sky over Bournemouth. But one "man of the cloth" couldn't resist using the incident as an opportunity to take a swipe at his arch enemy:

Posted by: Bishop Seán Manchester, Bournemouth on 9:14pm Sat 26 May 07

"I saw these lights as well, and I can tell you they are the work of Satanic forces such as those lead by cult high priest David Farrant, who, in 1969, beheaded a cat as part of a ritual sacrifice for his "witches coven".


The newspaper's comments section rapidly became a war zone as Farrant and his supporters arrived bearing denials and counter-accusations. Echo editors quickly deleted all comments, and the fight moved to magician and debunker James Randi's forum. Farrant cheekily explained to readers that the sightings were an "alien fleet that I conjoured up using my 'Satanic powers' and sent to Bournmouth to abduct him...the Commander has since informed me that he was hiding in the garden shed; but no worries as they will be going back!" Adding to the Bishop's embarassment, the incident was later satirised by expatriate humourist Cecil Lamont-Dwiggins.

Oddly, the same newspaper recently published an opinion that more recent sightings of mysterious lights in the sky were caused by "lanterns used in pagan gatherings". So the Bishop may just have not been so crazy after all.

6 comments:

David Farrant said...

Yes, if I remember correctly Cat, that was one of the main things that contributed to the comic

The other was the idea about bonky and myself being ordered to change secretaries for 1 month.

The Pudding really loved that. But in retrospect it turned out to be an uncannily accurate prediction!

David Farrant

Baldry's Cat said...

You still haven't answered the question of whether or not you were responsible for the UFO's over Bournemouth! Do I sense a "cover up"?

David Farrant said...

I'm sure I did answer this somewhere in the past Cat. But lest you might have missed it here is my answer again:

I explained that I was a personal friend of the Commander of the Alien Invasion Fleet and I just happemed to mention that Bonky would make an excellent 'earth sample' for their studies into the human brain. I did give them precise directions to the Bournemouth bunglow, but somehow, Bonky got wind of it and hid in the outside loo.

However, the Fleet will be coming back to Earth again VERY shortly, but I'm not at liberty to say precisely when.

I understand this time they have also got some notion of abducting the Yorkshire Pudding as well for 'mating purposes' with Bonky on their planet.

Should prove very interesting. Atleast then we'll all get some peace around here!

David Farrant

Anonymous said...

Oh and DON'T forget the TALCOLM POWDER PLOT---now that was funny!

greenwych

speedqueen said...

well hope its not when i visit Bournemouth! can tell by him not replying to my email that hes speechless that im going to visit him.Although it wont be on his birthday as David let the cat out of the bag (as he did with you cat!)it will be before i return to the states in September.but dont worry Sean you,ll have a bit of warning cos im sure you,ll hear us before you see us!!!

David Farrant said...

The Talcum Powder Plot

Its a bit of a long story to tell here,Barbara, but it goes back to 2002 when a certain 'bonky' person sent himself 'white powder' which he alleged 'exploded' in his face when he opened it and was an attempt to 'assinate' him! (I'm not kidding!). He tried to blame myself for doing this but the Court didn't believe him and I was formally acquitted and awarded full costs. The person had obviously tried to 'frame'the great David Farrant(not very Christian was it!?) and the whole thing back-fired on him. Or 'frony-fired' as the case may be!

For now,

David

PS Get back on my Blog! How dare you post on Cat's Blog without my permission!