Monday, June 15, 2009

Maidstone Blues

Was David Farrant briefly incarcerated in Maidstone Prison during late November of 2007 ?

According to a story passed on to this Cat via a recent email, the Muswell Hill Mobster mysteriously "disappeared" for 3 to 4 days during that time period and was not able to satisfactorily account for his whereabouts. Spurious reports published on the Yorkshire Pudding's blog at the time put him in Maidstone Prison suffering from grave injuries after being beaten by the London Met during a scuffle while undergoing "arrest" at his flat. When asked if she'd put aside her differences and go to his aid, the Pudding's response was that she'd just as soon leave him to die. A few days later, Farrant resurfaced with a pronounced limp and told interested parties that he'd not been imprisoned, but that a film crew provided him room and board at the swanky Hilton Maidstone Hotel near Kent in exchange for a series of interviews. This Cat has not seen hide nor hair of such interviews on broadcast television or the internet, yet admits that David's story is one possible explanation. However, the underlying question on many people's minds is that given news of a friend's dire situation, how a purportedly Christian woman could refuse to help?

6 comments:

Greenwych said...

Yes, I remember that particular french farce, oh dear, this is proving quite a walk down Memory Lane. Please Pusskins, watch this space!

Greenwych

David Farrant said...

I was interviewed in the Maidstone Film Studios about the paranormal, Cat; not least, about a 'black apparition' that had been reported at Scotney Castle in Kent As usual, the Pudding got it wrong (well, to be honest, so did Barbara actually.) I think its more a case of what the Pudding WANTED to believe when I mentioned Maidstone at the time.

Well, lets remember, this was during the period she'd reported me for taking 'nude photo's of her) and I was no longer seeing her.

So I think you can put that down to 'wishful thinking' on her part! She was really 'out for revenge' at that time and little things as lies certainly wern't going to stop her!

David

Greenwych said...

I can't remember exactly why we thought that David--I think it was 2plus 2 makes 5--that is your computers had been seized and there was some story that you had been fighting with the police at your flat and been carted off in handcuffs for your sins---when the info came through, don't ask me how, that you had disappeared and were at Maidstone incommunicado,also on your deathbed as a result of police brutality, it seemed logical to think you were in the clink there. I don't know where all the stories originated, but think there was more going on than I was aware with both Manchester and THE Kirklees chief cap differ, with whom the "Pudding" was "in league"--to use Bonkyspeak---with.

You a re right David, I was part of that dickipoggy episode, it happened I think when things were in erm, transition---back from you back to Bonkydom.

It would make a brilliant french farce!

greenwych

Baldry's Cat said...

David, you stayed at Maidstone Film Studios for 3 days?

David Farrant said...

No Cat, I stayed at a hotel for 2 days that they paid for. We were doing location shots in the area, including quite a few in Pluckley, Kent

I was not in the main studio most of the time but was familiar with them as I'd been invited 'live' there in 1998 to be interviewed by Michael Cole Show with a panel of guests. This was for Living TV and they must have liked the original programme as it was repeated no less than 8 times!

The crew took me to a lot of nearby locations by car. But 'no' I was definitely NOT in Maidstone prison as the Pudding was then suggesting!

David Farrant

David Farrant said...

PS Perhaps I should have added she was HOPING I was in Maidstone prson! (encouraged of course by Bonky)!

David