Friday, June 12, 2009

Puddings and Peacocks

You think you got relationship troubles? Have a look at this dodgy duo. Your worst day is a Romeo & Juliet dream romance compared to their coupling and subsequent bust-up. One minute it's all lovey-dovey and the next they're posting all manner of slag about each other on the Internet. Don't you wish they would just ignore each other? But no, their silly bickering goes on and on: "She's got an un-Christian hot water bottle fetish!"..."His Satanic naughty bits don't work right!"...Oh for God's sake, give it up you two! And speaking of God, I heard a rumour that when the Pudding decided she'd had enough of the Peacock, old Bonky dropped to his knees and gave thanks to Heaven for the terrible troubles this relationship had brought on his arch enemy. Not even a comic book could capture the absurdity of this saga.

6 comments:

David Farrant said...

If - rather your fur out 'hair by hair', Cat. You've already got "Speedqueen" after you for all these most untrue allegations about my 'love life'! I would have thought that's enough!

If its any consolation, that photograph is my copyright; so she can't complain about that.

But . . . She will complain, to somebody. Its all right for you in your 'Cat heaven', but give a thought for us poor souls stuck down here on the ground!

Rather hope the two of them do manage to get hold of you actually. If it ever happens, just hope I have a camera ready!

David

David Farrant said...

I don't kow why it cut the first line of my reply off, Cat, But here it is again . . .

"If - or when - she ever sees this, she will tear your fur out etc, etc.

(And she will!)

David

Greenwych said...

how do you post pictures--I've hundreds!

Greenwych said...

Seeing as I have managed to sign in I have found an old blog I--or well,a friend at the time, started for me and want to get it moving on a bit so here goes!

http://robinhoodconspiracy.blogspot.com/

Alex Berger said...

Hi Cat,

I hope you don't mind me posting a poem. This one is about an old friend turned traitor. (Adapted from my "Rotting Fruit" anthology.)


The decomposing gooseberry - By Alex Archibald Berger.


Was there ever a more ugly fruit,
Than this old gooseberry thrown from the cane.
By an unexpected gale this tart berry popped,
Onto the verge where it started to rot.

Furry and bitter,
Riddled with critter,
The skin is all wan and faded.

Ribes uva-crispa,
Was heard to wisper,
Some calumny about poor old David.

The maggots have turned away in disgust,
The gurning, pussy berry decomposes alone,
Save for the occasional spec of faeces left,
by the magpie moths.

As the last juices leave the carcass,
A stream of rot flows past pig and calf,
drying into a festering stain,
This gooseberry chose the wrong path.

David Farrant said...

Can't think who you're referring to Alex, but if its who I think it is, she certainly chose the wrong path! Not the one leading to the genune Church (I always supported her decision there as I've said), but the one leading away from it once she was inside it.
But that was her decision, but I fear continued association with 'him' can only end in tragedy and despair (as I believe you said).

In fact, this is inevitable. Never has there been a truer observation!

David