Saturday, September 19, 2009

Interview With The Highgate Vampire


Exclusive to The Cat's Miaow, an interview with the actual Highgate Vampire.









Q: Where have you been all these years?

A: I've been away in Spain. I have a small vineyard there that I'm absolutely devoted to. We produce an exquisite red wine. I'll get you a bottle.

Q: Well, now the big question. There are a lot of claims about who was the first to "discover" you back in the 70s. So who was it? Manchester or Farrant?

A: Actually, it was Ray Davies.

Q: Ray Davies? Of The Kinks?

A: The very same. He lived nearby and used to wander the cemetery after dark. One night we had a splendid chat about the music business, after which I bit him, and he's been a secret member of the undead ever since. And notice how good he looks for his age? That ain't cosmetic surgery. By the way, did you know he used to write songs for Herman's Hermits? Dreadful stuff...

Q: Yes, yes, enough about Ray Davies. So, did you ever have any contact with Farrant or Manchester at all?

A: I never encountered Farrant personally, but I did catch sight of him coming out of a pub and staggering along Swains Lane, three sheets to the wind, so to speak. Manchester was quite a pest, though. Always hanging around tombs and such with cameras. Had a thing for taking photos of himself in fancy dress costumes. One time I tried to dissuade him from lurking about my crypt by metamorphosising into a giant spider.

Q: What!? The giant spider story is true?

A: How else could I put him off? I heard later he used the incident in a book. Had some bird mixed up in it. Quite an imagination on that bloke.

Q: So he never drove a stake into you?

A: No, (laughs) not even close.

Q: What do you have to say to the people making money off your story? Does it bother you?

A: They're not making much with those self published books, I can assure you. Myself, I'm not one to seek publicity. Look what happened with Dracula. Movies. Comic books. Halloween costume royalties. It ruined the poor sod. I'll stay in the shadows, thank you very much. Let those two nerks fight it out tooth and nail. They appear to enjoy scrapping don't they?

Q: I think they do.

4 comments:

Don Ecker said...

Well Cat, that was quite a coup! You managed to grab an interview with the ACTUAL Highgate Vamp. Well done Chum.

Now lets see, I managed to interview Farrant, Manchester was too much of a pussy (cat) to speak to me, how's about you arranging to get the Highgate Vamp to speak to me? Would love to get HIM on Dark Matters.

Hell, maybe Mrs. Manchester too. She could fill me in on all that Satanic Black Mass and witchcraft business stuff she used to be a part of. Hey, now theres an idea, an interview with Mrs. Manchester! Well, I imagine she wears the pants in that family anyway, eh??

David Farrant said...

I'd just like to know how Cat found him, Don, after Bonky claimed to have 'staked him through the heart' and 'cosigned him to the bowels of hell'??! Not to mention that Bonky claimed to have incinerated the wretched thing with a can of petrol!
Seems stranger things really do happen betwixt heaven and hell!

David Farrant

Don Ecker said...

Well David, according to Cat's interview ... he asked the Vamp...

Q: So he never drove a stake into you?
and the Highgate Vampire said...

A: No, (laughs) not even close.

So, what can we assume? It's fiction? Or perhaps... it's "bull-dust?" Or perhaps as I might say ... It is simply BullShit! Ah, okay ... there it is for today boys and girls..... till next time and remember to keep looking into those nooks and crannies!

David Farrant said...

Good point Don. If the Highgate 'Vampire' was supposed to be dead, who exactly is playing the role now?

Maybe we should just ask 'bonky'!

Or Cat, come to that!

David