Thursday, November 26, 2009

London Police Probe 30 Year Old Mystery

Did a bicycle seat sniffer walk in Highgate? London police are still baffled by strange behaviour that occurred in Muswell Hill more than 30 years ago. Dozens, perhaps hundreds of bicycle seats were sniffed by dead of night during the 1970s, say investigators. Local resident David Farrant happened to capture a photo of the elusive suspect. "I was in my flat, testing my camera near the window," he recalls, "when suddenly I saw a strange man peering in at me. I jumped from fright, and must have hit the shutter." The resulting grainy photo remains the only link in the case to this day. "Bicycle seat sniffing is not a crime," said a police spokesperson, "however we'd like to apprehend this individual for his own safety."

No comments: