Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Cup that Cheers

LONDON (UPI) Man-about-Soho, occult author and BPOS member Gareth Medway announced results of his latest research this week. Medway described the discovery of "large amounts of psychic energy residing in a cup of tea." Well-known for his reckless investigation of Fortean matters and whipcracking wit, Medway says he stumbled upon the strange effect while at a friend's house. "I was about to take a sip when I noticed steam wafting from the cup had begun mysteriously forming alphabetic letters...B...O...N...and so forth. I think the bloody thing was trying to communicate something!" He plans to expand on his startling theories in a new book entitled, "Lure of the Sechung".

1 comment:

David Farrant said...

I understand Gareth is elated over his new 'scrying mug' and he tells me its given him much inspiration for his new book.

Apparently he had it on the mantlepiece a couple of days back and he was awoken in the early hours to see red steam coming out of it and a high-pitched demonic voice coming out of it saying . . . "I will be avenged Medway"!

He picked up his whip for protection at which the demon just 'evaporated'!

He thinks this was a personal message. Me? I think its probably because he'd tipped out the coffee and was using it for red wine.

Maybe he'll want to tell you about it on Friday.

David Farrant